Last Updated: March 15th, 2022
Your privacy is important to us at Changing Room, Inc. (“Changing Room,” “we,” “us,” or “our”), and we are committed to safeguarding, preserving, and respecting your privacy rights. This online privacy statement (the “Statement” or “Policy”) outlines the ways we collect, use, disclose, and the security of the personal information we gather from you through our website, https://www.changingroom.eco, or our Chrome extension “Eco-Index by Changing Room” (together, the “Services”) as well as when we engage with you as a customer or otherwise.
For purposes of this Statement, personal information refers to data that classifies as personal information, personal data, personally identifiable information, or similar terms under applicable data privacy and security laws and regulations. It does not include data excluded or exempted from those laws and regulations. Nothing in this Statement will constitute an admission or evidence that any particular data privacy or information security law or regulation applies to us generally or in any specific context.
To the extent that Changing Room has links to other websites (like retailers), we do not own, operate, or control these websites, and each of them have their own specific privacy policies.
Your Consent to This Statement
You should read this Statement carefully. By accessing, browsing, or otherwise using our Services, or by using any of our services, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to this Statement. If you do not agree to this Statement, you may not use our Services.
This Statement applies regardless of how our Services are accessed and will cover any technologies or devices by which we make our Services available to you.
We may provide you with additional privacy notices where we believe it is appropriate to do so. It is important that you read this Statement together with any other notices or policies we may provide so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data.
If you have any questions or concerns about our personal information policies or practices, you can contact us using the methods described in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
The Information We Collect and How
Information You Provide
- Completing Forms on Our Services.If you request to receive information, participate in a survey, provide feedback or reviews, or fill out any forms on our Services, we may ask you to provide information such as your name or email address.
- When You Contact Us.If you send us an email, chat bot, text message, video message, or any other form of communication, or if we message you, we will collect your contact information and other information relating to or contained in the message.
- When You Use Our Services.If you use our Services, we will need to collect personal information about you. Such information may vary, but it will likely include a username or email, information about the device you are using, and commercial information regarding the products you view while using our Services.
- Social Media or Blog.If you interact with our Services by sharing on a social media platform or on our blog, we may collect information that you post. Please note that your comments will be visible to the public, so you should never share personal information that you would like to keep private.
- Job Applications and Employment.If you apply for a job with or are employed by us, we will collect relevant information about you.
Information We Collect When You Navigate Our Services
- Usage Information.We may collect information automatically through your use of the Services, such as what pages on our website or third party websites you access, the frequency of your access, and what you view or click on while using our Services.
- Device Information.We may collect information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, application version number, browser, and IP address.
- Mobile Device Information.When you access our Services via a browser on your mobile device, we may also collect mobile network information, including telephone number, the unique device identifier assigned to that device, mobile carrier, operating system, and other device attributes.
- Location Information.We may collect information about your location which may be determined from GPS and other sensors that may reveal information on or nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points, and cell towers. This information allows us to provide you with alternatives within your location and help reduce the carbon footprint of the transportation.
Information We Collect When You Navigate Our Services
Our Extension actively scores products and their brand based on social, ethical, and environmental metrics, and provides lower-impact suggestions of similar products in real time. In order to provide you with relevant alternatives, we analyze the product page you are browsing for information about both the product and brand to determine if that page is a supported merchant for our Services and to score the product accurately. We automatically collect certain information as you use our Extension, including your interaction with the Extension across third party websites.
Our Extension only collects information if you affirmatively install it, and it will then only collect information from Changing Room-supported retail websites. When you are on a pre-approved retail site, to help you shop sustainably, Changing Room may also collect information about pricing, material composition, item category and availability of the product, which we can then share with the rest of the Changing Room community.
How We Use Personal Information
- To present our website and its contents in a proper and effective manner for you and your device;
- To contact you and provide you with information or Services that you request from us;
- To improve our operations and improve the Services we provide to you;
- To advertise opportunities, services, or products that may be of interest to you;
- To provide customer support, troubleshoot issues, manage accounts, and respond to requests, questions, or comments;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts; and To notify you about any additions, upgrades, or changes in our services.